High Quality Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation for Women
We can help answer your questions about the admission process and provide you with a recommended course of action. Or, if you prefer to have someone from Wellcome Manor call you, please provide us with some basic information and we will contact you within 24 hours.
Information for Clients and Family
What should I bring?
- Current insurance card for you and your children.
- Medical records for you and your children including immunization records. (Children must be up to date on immunizations prior to coming).
- Any medications that you are on, or are supposed to be on but are not currently taking. Please bring a 30-day supply of all medications. Some medications may not be allowed, please ask if you have any questions.
- Names, addresses, phone numbers of anybody you will need to sign a release of information for (i.e., family, friends, probation officers, attorneys, employers, counselors, insurance representatives, social workers).
- ONLY Gerber approved snacks (or similar brand) for infants and toddlers are allowed. No other food or beverage is allowed to be brought in.
- Cash. You may want to bring $1 bills for the vending machine. An ATM is available at Wellcome Manor (ATM Fee applies) and it does process EBT cards.
- Exercise is a part of programming; bring comfortable clothing and non-marking, non-skid tennis shoes.
- Plastic hangers if you wish to hang your clothing.
- Personal Care Items/ Toiletries. Item limits are as follows:
- lotion (2)
- shampoo (2)
- conditioner (2)
- toothpaste (2)
- hair product (2) (mousse, gel, etc.)
- hairbrush (2)
- one small bag of makeup and accessories
- Pillow. (One pillow per patient/child is provided, you may prefer your own)
- Calling card. (Calling cards are available for purchase)
- If you smoke, enough cigarettes for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Car seat/Booster seat
**Due to limited storage space and client room size, WMFS enforces limits on the number of items clients are allowed. Clients will be allowed to keep a fair amount of clothing, personal products, etc. for themselves and their children. Items deemed unnecessary by staff will not be allowed to be stored at WMFS
Two week supply of clothing (season appropriate) maximum per client (we have on-site laundry). Limited number of items allowed as follows:
- Tops (t-shirts, hoodies, dresses, etc.) – 15 items
- Bottoms (skirts, pants, shorts, leggings, etc.) – 8 items
- Loungewear, sleepwear, exercise wear – 6 items
- Accessories (belts, scarves, purses, etc.) – 10 items
- Shoes – 4 pair
- Undergarments (bras, underwear, socks, tanks, etc.) – use best judgment on an acceptable amount at intake.
- Outerwear – 2 jackets, 2 hats, 2 pair gloves/mittens
- There are no limitations on children items but please bring only what is necessary
Admits are asked to bring no more than these amounts of items at admit. If they wish to “swap out” items during their time here that is fine as long as their belongings all fit in the storage that is provided by WMFS in their rooms.
What shouldn’t I bring?
- Portable DVD players or TV’s
- Computers/laptops or any devices with wireless capabilities
- Outside food (including candy) and beverage (exceptions listed above)
- Aerosol Products
- Comforters or Heavy Bedspreads
- Any items that list alcohol as a top 3 ingredient (list of alcohol free products)
- R-rated moves, music with Parental Advisory warning, burned CDs,
** Any restricted or unnecessary items will be sent back with family or transporter at intake.
Answers to commonly asked questions
- Visiting Hours are Sundays and Holidays, 1:00pm-5:00pm.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent/guardian.
- Visitors 18 years or older must be able to provide a government issued photo ID.
Family and friends may leave messages for clients on the Client Voice Mail System. This system is checked throughout the day by WMFS staff and messages are given to clients after programming has ended. Clients do not listen to these messages.
Please do not call the WMFS business line for a client unless it is an emergency.
Client Voice Mail Number: 507-546-3928
Clients are allowed to make one 15 minute phone call per day. (Two on Saturdays and Sundays). Long distance phone calls must be made with a calling card.
Client Mailing Address: PO Box 238 Garden City MN 56034
- Appropriate dress is required at all times for clients and visitors.
- Shorts and Skirts are acceptable but can be no more than 2 inches above the knee.
- No mid-riff tops or revealing tops (NO CLEAVAGE)
- No halter, spaghetti strap or sleeveless tops.
- Clothing should fit comfortably and not be tight fitting.
- Jeans/Slacks should not have excessive wear or holes.
- Low rise jeans/slacks are not allowed – Underwear should not show above waistline.
- Supportive and modest bra/underwear is required.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing (for winter; boots, jacket, gloves, etc.) as well for your children.
- Clothing storage is limited so be conservative but also season appropriate (two week supply of clothing). Washers and Dryers are available for client use twice weekly; laundry soap is provided.
- No hats or sunglasses allowed to be worn inside the building.
All clients admitted to WMFS are entitled to rights as outlined in MN Statute 144.651 titled Health Care Bill of Rights and MN Statute 253B.04 titled Rights of Patients.