High Quality Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation for Women
We can help answer your questions about the admission process and provide you with a recommended course of action. Or, if you prefer to have someone from Wellcome Manor call you, please provide us with some basic information and we will contact you within 24 hours.
Information for Clients and Family
What should I bring?
- Current insurance card for you and your children.
- Medical records for you and your children including immunization records. (Children must be up to date on immunizations prior to coming).
- Any medications that you are on, or are supposed to be on but are not currently taking. Please bring a 30-day supply of all medications.
- Some medications may not be allowed, please ask if you have any questions.
- Names, addresses, phone numbers of anybody you will need to sign a release of information for (i.e., family, friends, probation officers, attorneys, employers, counselors, insurance representatives, social workers).
- ONLY Gerber approved snacks (or similar brand) for infants and toddlers are allowed. No other food or beverage is allowed to be brought in.
- Cash. You may want to bring $1 bills for the vending machine. An ATM is available at Wellcome Manor (ATM Fee applies) and it does process EBT cards.
- Two week supply of clothing (season appropriate) maximum per client and child (we have on-site laundry).
- Exercise is a part of programming; bring comfortable clothing and non-marking, non-skid tennis shoes.
- Plastic hangers if you wish to hang your clothing.
- Personal Care Items/ Toiletries
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, feminine hygiene products and any other personal care needs. (Items with alcohol in the ingredients are not allowed in client’s possession).
- Pillow. (One pillow per patient/child is provided, you may prefer your own)
- Calling card. (Calling cards are available for purchase)
- If you smoke, enough cigarettes for a minimum of 2 weeks.
What shouldn’t I bring?
- Cell Phones
- Portable DVD players or TV’s
- Outside food (including candy) and beverage (exceptions listed above)
- Aerosol Products
- Comforters or Heavy Bedspreads
- Any items that list alcohol as an ingredient
- WMFS is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- MP3 Players or any other electronic devices with internet capabilities
Answers to commonly asked questions
- Visiting Hours are Sundays and Holidays, 1:00pm-5:00pm.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent/guardian.
- Visitors 18 years or older must be able to provide a government issued photo ID.
Family and friends may call the client line, 507-546-3928 or 507-546-3593, during the following hours:
Monday –Thurs: 3:30pm-10:30pm
Saturday : 6:30am-11:30pm
Sunday: 6:30am – 10:30pm
Client mail is sent to the Facility Address:
C/O Wellcome Manor Family Services
114 West Pleasant St.
Garden City, MN 56034
- Appropriate dress is required at all times.
- Shorts and Skirts are acceptable but can be no more than 2 inches above the knee.
- No mid-riff tops or revealing tops (NO CLEAVAGE)
- No halter, spaghetti strap or sleeveless tops.
- Clothing should fit comfortably and not be tight fitting.
- Jeans/Slacks should not have excessive wear or holes.
- Low rise jeans/slacks are not allowed – Underwear should not show above waistline.
- Supportive and modest bra/underwear is required.
- Bring weather appropriate clothing (for winter; boots, jacket, gloves, etc.) as well for your children.
Clothing storage is limited so be conservative but also season appropriate (two week supply of clothing). Washers and Dryers are available for client use twice weekly; laundry soap is provided.